Monday 5 March 2007

30 Seconds to Mars - The Kill



I love this video, and I just have to take this opportunity to write about it. I’m not being biased when I say this is a fantastic video. I’m not a ‘30 Seconds to Mars’ fan girl, or a Jared Leto one come to that. But with this video it was love at first sight.

It may have something to do with its obvious use of the film ‘The Shining’ one of my favourite movies. The video goes very well with the track, almost telling the story. The characters of the movie have been replaced with the band. The way this video is shot is quite spectacular as well. The angles, the use of colour. Everything is breath taking.

The comments left on You Tube are mostly those from Jared Leto fans, and doesn’t give you much of an idea of what the videos about. Do give this band a chance; they are not just living off Leto’s movie star career. This is a brilliant song, and an amazing video.

No comments: