Thursday 8 March 2007

My Chemical Romance: I Don't Love You



Today I’ve got a real treat. This is the video for My Chemical Romance's new single ‘I don’t love you’ released on You Tube today! This was the first time I’d seen the video myself so it was as much of a surprise as it will be to you that it is very different from the bands past videos.

This is the third video from MCR’s third album, and like the last two videos ‘Welcome to the Black Parade’ and ‘Famous last words’ it continues it’s theme, with similar costume. The band themselves look very different, and strangely British. On my first viewing of this video I immediately thought of ‘Wonderwall’. The Graphics in this video are amazing. The two characters although played by humans, their features look almost alien. I also very much like the high contrast black and white style that has been used.

The song is good, if a little soft compared to MCR’s older music. But still, this video brand new and definitely one to watch.

No comments: