Wednesday 7 March 2007

The Long Blondes - Giddy Stratospheres



The Long Blondes are like Marmite. No, I don't mean they're brown, sticky and good on toast. I mean you'll love them or hate them. Personally I love them. This is the video to their recent single ‘Giddy Stratospheres’ and everything about this video fits the style of the band. It is visually stunning.

It is themed like a 70s disco. With mirror balls and strobe lighting. Everything glitters and although you find yourself enraptured by the pretty colours and sexy clothes and make-up, it does not distract you from the song in the slightest. The video just adds to the brilliance of this track and kind of gives it a face. Now when I hear this song on the radio, my mind goes to a 70’s disco and I find myself dancing in Topshop.

If you like the Long Blondes, then chances are you’ve already seen this video and love it. If you don’t like the band, or haven’t heard of them you might hate it. But if you don't, then I can guaruntee you'll love it. Like Marmite.

No comments: